Thomas Anderson Oral History Interview
Major Topics Covered:
- Anderson family involvement with MD Anderson and the Texas medical Center
- Personal recollections of R. Lee Clark, Ernst Bertner, Charles LeMaistre, John Mendelsohn and other MD Anderson figures
- The origins of MD Anderson and other Texas Medical Center institutions
- The formation of the Board of Visitors
- Physician referrals to MD Anderson, controversy and challenges
- Growth of MD Anderson and the Texas Medical Center
The Historical Resources Center, Research Medical Library, The University of Texas Cancer Center
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas System. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute at Houston, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
Anderson, Thomas Dunaway; Anderson, Monroe D. (Monroe Dunaway), 1873-1939; Clark, Randolph Lee, 1906-;University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center -- History;Texas Medical Center;Academic Medical Centers -- Texas -- Houston;Hospital Administration -- organization and administration – Texas;Fund Raising;Hospitals, Special;Hospitals;Health Facility Planning -- Houston (Tex.);Houston (Tex.);Oral History;Interviews
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine | Oncology | Oral History
Anderson, Thomas Dunaway and Marchiafava, Louis J. PhD, "Thomas Anderson Oral History Interview" (2000). Interview Sessions. 66.
Conditions Governing Access