MD Anderson’s Boot Walk to End Cancer® held its inaugural walk in 2016. It is a community initiative to take a stand against cancer; raise research dollars; and show support for patients, survivors and families impacted by the disease. This annual fundraiser is held in November and provides support for patient programs, research, prevention and education at MD Anderson. 100% of funds raised by participants directly support MD Anderson's mission to end cancer.
To date more than $7 million has been raised through MD Anderson’s Boot Walk to End Cancer. Programs supported include:
- Advanced Breast Cancer Program
- Breast Immunotherapy Research Program
- Glioblastoma Moon Shot®
- Immunotherapy Research
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research
- Inpatient/Outpatient Lymphoma
- Integrative Medicine
- Male Breast Cancer Research
- Melanoma Moon Shot®
- Moon Shots Program®
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Acute Myeloid Leukemia Moon Shot®
- Colorectal Cancer Moon Shot®
- Pancreatic Cancer Moon Shot®
- Radiation Oncology
- Social Work
- Solid Tumor Research
- Thoracic-Head and Neck
- Volunteer Endowment for Patient Support
Remaining funds are earmarked to support programs deemed most impactful by Peter WT Pisters, M.D., president of MD Anderson.
Together, we are giving cancer the boot! To register for this year’s Boot Walk or to obtain additional information, please visit www.mdanderson.org/bootwalk.