Emil Freireich, MD, Oral History Interview, July 30, 2001
Download Navigation Materials and Full Transcript (168 KB)
Major Topics Covered:
- Research: the continuous flow-blood separator; innovations in chemotherapy and combination therapy ;
- Collaborations with Dr. Emil Frei, III;
- The Department of Developmental Therapeutics;
- Building the culture of clinical research; training clinical researchers and physician-scientists ;
- History of cancer medicine, clinical research, translational research and education;
- Institutional politics as they influenced: Developmental Therapeutics, individual investigators, the standing of clinical research, the education of physician scientists;
The Making Cancer History® Voices Oral History Collection, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas System. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute at Houston, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine | Oncology | Oral History
Freireich, Emil J. MD and Brunet, Lesley W., "Emil Freireich, MD, Oral History Interview, July 30, 2001" (2001). Interview Sessions. 24.
Conditions Governing Access