Emil Freireich, MD, Oral History Interview, August 06, 2001
Download Navigation Materials and Full Transcript (163 KB)
Major Topics Covered:
- The Department of Developmental Therapeutics;
- Building the culture of clinical research; training clinical researchers and physician-scientists ;
- MD Anderson presidents and the history and expansion of MD Anderson ;
- Institutional politics as they influenced: Developmental Therapeutics, individual investigators, the standing of clinical research, the education of physician scientists;
- The ethics of clinical research
The Making Cancer History® Voices Oral History Collection, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas System. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute at Houston, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine | Oncology | Oral History
Freireich, Emil J. MD and Brunet, Lesley W., "Emil Freireich, MD, Oral History Interview, August 06, 2001" (2001). Interview Sessions. 25.