Pamela “Sat-Siri” Austin Sumler, LMT, BCTMB, CLT, E-RYT, Oral History Interview, May 01, 2018
Major Topics Covered:
- Education and personal background; experience of cancer and disease; spirituality and meaning
- Meditation and yoga as a life practice and spiritual orientation; massage, meditation, and teaching as spiritual practices
- Massage for oncology patients; working with patients undergoing treatment; developing guidelines for massage
- Massage at MD Anderson; building a service and its evolution; developing acceptance/addressing resistance of patients and clinicians; developing a training program for massage therapists
- Stories of work with patients
The Making Cancer History® Voices Oral History Collection, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas System. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute at Houston, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine | Oncology | Oral History
Sumler, Pamela Sat Siri and Rosolowski, Tacey A. PhD, "Pamela “Sat-Siri” Austin Sumler, LMT, BCTMB, CLT, E-RYT, Oral History Interview, May 01, 2018" (2018). Interview Sessions. 27.
Conditions Governing Access