Wai-Kwan Alfred Yung, MD, Oral History Interview, March 20, 2014
Major Topics Covered
- Personal and educational background; faith; challenges of intercultural assimilation
- Evolution of research on glioblastoma: from study of chromosomal patterns to investigation of genes and genetic/molecular mechanisms
- Research design for difficult cancers
- History of Neuro-Oncology services and research at MD Anderson
- History of the Department of Neuro-Oncology
- The Brain Tumor Center: collaborative relationships and shared resources with Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Surgery, Neuro-Pathology, neuro-imaging and other support fields
The Historical Resources Center, Research Medical Library, The University of Texas Cancer Center
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas System. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute at Houston, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine | Oncology | Oral History
Yung, Wai-Kwan Alfred MD and Rosolowski, Tacey A. PhD, "Wai-Kwan Alfred Yung, MD, Oral History Interview, March 20, 2014" (2014). Interview Sessions. 48.
Conditions Governing Access