Peter Almond, PhD, Oral History Interivew, June 04, 2004
Download Navigation Materials & Full Interview Transcript (120 KB)
Major Topics Covered:
- The history of radiation therapy; how radiation therapy works; instruments for delivery of therapy; how therapy has an impact on tumors and patients
- The evolution of radiation therapy at MD Anderson
- View of Gilbert Fletcher; Fletcher’s attitudes to aggressive treatment; his impact on standards of care nationally
- Debates between MD Anderson surgeons and radiation therapists regarding treatment
- Long term consequences of radiation therapy on patients
- Cost effectiveness of radiation treatment
The Historical Resources Center, Research Medical Library, The University of Texas Cancer Center
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas System. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute at Houston, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine | Oncology | Oral History
Almond, Peter PhD; Brunet, Lesley W.; and Olson, James S. PhD, "Peter Almond, PhD, Oral History Interivew, June 04, 2004" (2004). Interview Sessions. 60.
Conditions Governing Access