Helmuth Goepfert, MD, Oral History Interview, August 27, 2012
Download Navigation Materials & Full Interview Transcript (570 KB)
Major Topics Covered:
- Personal and educational background
- Head and Neck oncology: evolution of; patient experiences of; special challenges
- History of head and neck surgery; evolution into multi-disciplinary team collaboration
- Section of Head and Neck Surgery
- Research: combining surgery with chemotherapy and radiation therapy to preserve laryngeal function
- Interdisciplinary care for head and neck cancers at MD Anderson
The Historical Resources Center, Research Medical Library, The University of Texas Cancer Center
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas System. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute at Houston, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine | Oncology | Oral History
Goepfert, Helmuth MD and Rosolowksi, Tacey A. PhD, "Helmuth Goepfert, MD, Oral History Interview, August 27, 2012" (2012). Interview Sessions. 208.
Conditions Governing Access